I heard a statement on talk radio the other day that I really loved.
It was.."Don't just do your best. Win."
I love this. I have this annoying personality that is opposite of my counterpart that is never satisfied. I have a hard time settling. He has made me better, but I still am always going going. Thinking that there is always something more to be done, always a way to do it better. I am OCD or something where I think things could always be better. Cleaner, taken better care of, reading more books, being smarter, taking more classes, getting better grades, being less lazy, etc. So I love this quote because I believe in it. I don't think we should be doing our best. I think we should win. Stop being such lazy asses and win. I think doing your best is often an excuse for just being plain lazy. If we didn't succeed, well we did our best right?
Friday, August 22, 2008
Contribution
Posted by Toni at 10:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I started to reply to this but it got so long I decided I'd blog about it on my site, Life of Lizzen. Check it out if you're so inclined.
That's my number one excuse. What am I going to do if I can't just aim for "my best?"
Anyway, I know I don't do my best all the time, but I really dislike my life when I am exerting 100% effort all the time. I need some power down time to enjoy my life.
Post a Comment