Music Sampler of the Week


Saturday, June 14, 2008

R.I.P.


I haven't been much of a political stooge thus far in life.  However, this latest election, with all the implications for the future of medicine (and the future my little kids will know) has drawn my attention.  In fact, it has ingrained a love of the political process within me.


I was shocked at how sad I felt when hearing of Tim Russert's passing.  I watched MSNBC during meals and late at night during study breaks.  I loved to hear his input on Brian Williams' newcast.  I really respected him.  I enjoyed his moderation of Meet the Press and the various debates that he has led during the past year.

I have watched many memorials and tributes to him.  His emphasis on family and intellectual integrity will not soon be forgotten.  I hope to emulate his example of hard work and perserverance...his passion.  What a great balance of professional excellence and familial stability.

Cheesy, I know.  But it really affected me.

2 comments:

El Dorko said...

Tim Russert did nothing for society except take a few too many underprivileged polish sausages off the street.

I don't honestly know where that came from, but i laughed about it.

I. Puerility said...

I agree with what you have said here.

Tim was always one for shlagdarffing the gaggleflomp.