Music Sampler of the Week


Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WindyPicks

Cut Copy - Hearts on Fire

Love the dark new wave sound.  This sounds like a lovechild of Robert Smith (The Cure) and New Order.  I really like the texture of the song with the trickling synth and night club beat.  

The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go
One of the catchiest tunes lately.  I love the chorus: I ain't freakin'/I ain't faking this!  Sounds like a reincarnation of Debbie Harry with twice the attitude.

Armin Van Buuren - Going Wrong
A up-and-coming Dutch producer/song writer.  I bought his new album and LOVE it.  All the trance energy with a great vocal.

Nine Inch Nails - 1,000,000
While "With Teeth" is my all-time favorite Nine Inch Nails album (and one of my favorite albums ever recorded!) this new song is...well...menacing.  This album is free to download off of Trent Reznor's NIN website.  This new single is growing on me.  

3 comments:

El Dorko said...

I like the picks. With your musical taste, I am beginning to wonder about the circumstances surrounding your conception. Did Depeche Mode come to Salt Lake in '80? Was your mom a "real big fan?" Did your dad O.D. on L.A. LOOKS hair gel and it made it's way into his blood stream? There has to be some underlying reason for your devotion to euro-electronic-Eurasure-mania.

"From hence force unt forevah, you veel be known as Uder ze Super Computer. Unt now ve dance!"

El Dorko said...

BTW, can you find another file of NIN to post? The first one is spitting out an error.

I. Puerility said...

It should work now...

Zis iz zeh musik zat I like. Zeh Tekno...zeh German Tekno.